The flowers are blooming, the barbeques are starting, and the pools are opening, which can only mean one thing; it’s summer! Your little ones are home from school and ready to have fun! Between summer camps, hitting the beach, going on vacation, and visiting family and friends they are going to be on the move! But what are some fun ways to keep them occupied on the days they are home?
We made a list of 5 super fun and super easy crafts and activities to keep your little ones entertained and having fun!
- My Name Flower Garden – This activity helps practice name recognition by using paper flowers! You can use this free printable or let older kids create their own flowers and flower boxes! Try using colored Popsicle sticks for the flower stems to give the project a fun twist!
- Scavenger Hunts – With these printable scavenger hunts your little ones can become explorers in their own backyards! Use these scavenger hunts at home or on a long car ride.
- Ocean Themed Crafts – Utilize products you already have in your house to make these sea creature crafts. These crafts are a fun way to let your kids express their creativity!
- Nature Paintings – This super fun project uses leaves, rocks, branches, and flowers to make beautiful water color paintings! Use this technique on watercolor paper to make paintings or on t-shirts to make cool tie-dye designs!
- Quiet Boxes – Fill small boxes or pencil bags with your child’s favorite, independent activities like coloring pages, puzzles, books, or pieces to a craft. Quiet Boxes and Busy Bags can give your little ones 15 minutes to 1 hour of independent fun!
These are some fun and easy ideas to keep everyone entertained this summer! Make sure to comment which ideas you liked and any tips you have to share for staying sane over the summer! Share these ideas with your friends and family by clicking the share button on the side of the blog post!