Today is National Picnic Day! So in honor of the holiday we’ve created a list inspired by the Funaatticof a few different ways you can make your picnic more exciting! Whether your family has never been on a picnic before or it is a regular summer tradition, we have some fun ideas for you!
- Have a picnic in your back yard!A great place for your first picnic is in your back yard! You won’t have to lug a ton of food to a park just to realize you forgot forks! Starting in the backyard is a great way to practice your picnicking skills!
- Have a picnic on the water! Whether it’s on a boat or a dock, picnicking out on the water will be a beautiful family outing. Have a picnic lunch and then go for a swim out on the water!
- Let you’re your little ones plan the food!Have your children help you plan the meal for the picnic. Your older ones can help you make some of the food and your little ones can help pack the basket. Getting everyone involved can make a family gathering so much more special!
- Create a food rainbow!Get some fresh fruits and veggies to create some delicious and nutritious food rainbows! Play a game with your little ones to see how many different colors they can find in their food!
- Start a campfire!You don’t need to go camping to have an excuse to start a fire! Bring all the ingredients for smore’s and even bake a potato or heat up some warm picnic food over the fire! It’s perfect for dinnertime picnics.
- Make some funny food faces!Making faces in your food is a way to make picnic food more fun for your little ones. Whether it’s with veggie slices or cut into bread, food smileys are a way to make your little ones smile.
- Make it a treasure hunt!Hide little toys and notes in the wrapping and containers of your picnic! It’ll be a fun surprise for everyone to find a special something throughout their meal.
- Enjoy the day!Make sure to enjoy the meal! Eat slowly and soak in the family time. Picnics are a great way to enjoy a meal together outside of your dinner table.
We hope you enjoy some of these ideas and decide to make picnics a summer tradition in your family! Tell us in the comments about how your family enjoys a picnic! As always, click the share button on the side of the blog to give your friends and family some picnic inspiration!