Spring is officially here! As the weather starts to warm up and the world comes back to life your restless kiddos are probably ready to get back to playing outside until the sun goes down. In honor of the beginning of spring, we have a few fun activities for outside and inside to get you and your family ready for the spring sunshine!
Get Creative! – Crafts are a great activity that will have your little ones excited for spring even while sitting at the kitchen table! Crafts are not only fun but can help your little ones’ cognitive development. Check out Easy Peasy and Fun for a great list of fun ideas!
Go Outside! – Today is National Take a Walk in a Park Day! So what better way to enjoy the beautiful weather and shake off the winter cold than to go for a walk in the park! Mommy Poppins has a list of some of the most exciting playgrounds in the state! Or check out Visit NJ for a list of some of the amazing national and state parks we have right here in New Jersey!
Get Cooking! – Another great activity is to make some spring themed food! Parade has a great list of spring themed foods and snacks that are not only fun to make and eat, but also delicious and nutritious! Maybe you can make a few of these treats and take the family out for a picnic!
Celebrate Nature! – Today we celebrate Earth Hour from 8:30 – 9:30 pm where we can set down our electronics and really connect with nature! Maybe celebrate by reading a book by candle light or relaxing in your backyard. If 8:30 is a little too late for you and your little ones, try finding a different time today to feel connected to nature!
We hope you spend this lovely spring day enjoying time with your family whether it’s in the kitchen or walking through a state park! As always, click share on the side of the blog to tell your friends and family about these fun spring activities and let us know in the comments which ones you gave a try today!
Spring is here and summer is quickly approaching! Your days are probably starting to fill with bike rides, walks to the park, and trips to the beach. But if you’re looking for a little variety in your warm weather activities and want your little ones to learn some more about nature and the world around them, we have the perfect activities for you! Thanks to aokyouth.orgwe have some unique, and thought provoking spring and summer activities!
- Create a scavenger hunt! A fun way to help little ones learn about all of the amazing changes that happen from winter to spring to summer is to create a scavenger hunt. Come up with different things they should look out for in nature and then make your own scavenger hunt sheet!
- Do a floral science experiment! Fill a few mason jars with water. Put a few drops of different food coloring into each jar. Then get some white flowers and place them, petals first into the jars. Your children can watch as the petals absorb the colors, then afterwards, you have a fun flower arrangement to display!
- Recycle Playdoh lids! If you have lots of lids without containers lying around use hot glue or cut a hole into the lid to hang a string from it. Then, coat the lid in peanut butter and roll it in birdseed. It’s a great way to repurpose some plastic and bring more birds into your yard for your little ones to watch and learn about!
- Growing beans! A super cool experiment that will let your children see how things grow, is growing beans in a glass jar with moist cotton balls. The beginning stages of the beans’ growth can be seen without the obstruction of soil which really allows your children to see how a bean sprouts! You can click hereto see a full explanation of the experiment.
- Create a small garden! Take a corner of your yard or a windowsill if you have less space, and create a small garden! Plant low maintenance flowers, fruits, and vegetables if you are first time gardeners. Get your little ones involved in planting and watering so they can learn how plants grow!
If you liked these activity ideas check out the full article for more ideas just like these! As always leave us some comments and click share on the side of the blog to show your friends and family these fun ideas!
People often say that more than a seed is planted in a garden. This is especially true when it comes to gardening with little ones.
Continue reading “Benefits of Gardening”
Spring is finally here! Now that the sun is shining you may be noticing all of the clutter that has piled up over the winter. Here are a few tips and tricks to get getting organized and clutter free this spring! Continue reading “Spring Cleaning: Tips on Organizing and Getting Kids Involved”
“Spring makes the world a happy place
You see a smile on every face.
Flowers come out and birds arrive,
Oh, isn’t it grand to be alive?” – Anonymous
Continue reading “Spring Bucket List for Preschoolers”