Spring is here and summer is quickly approaching! Your days are probably starting to fill with bike rides, walks to the park, and trips to the beach. But if you’re looking for a little variety in your warm weather activities and want your little ones to learn some more about nature and the world around them, we have the perfect activities for you! Thanks to aokyouth.orgwe have some unique, and thought provoking spring and summer activities!
- Create a scavenger hunt! A fun way to help little ones learn about all of the amazing changes that happen from winter to spring to summer is to create a scavenger hunt. Come up with different things they should look out for in nature and then make your own scavenger hunt sheet!
- Do a floral science experiment! Fill a few mason jars with water. Put a few drops of different food coloring into each jar. Then get some white flowers and place them, petals first into the jars. Your children can watch as the petals absorb the colors, then afterwards, you have a fun flower arrangement to display!
- Recycle Playdoh lids! If you have lots of lids without containers lying around use hot glue or cut a hole into the lid to hang a string from it. Then, coat the lid in peanut butter and roll it in birdseed. It’s a great way to repurpose some plastic and bring more birds into your yard for your little ones to watch and learn about!
- Growing beans! A super cool experiment that will let your children see how things grow, is growing beans in a glass jar with moist cotton balls. The beginning stages of the beans’ growth can be seen without the obstruction of soil which really allows your children to see how a bean sprouts! You can click hereto see a full explanation of the experiment.
- Create a small garden! Take a corner of your yard or a windowsill if you have less space, and create a small garden! Plant low maintenance flowers, fruits, and vegetables if you are first time gardeners. Get your little ones involved in planting and watering so they can learn how plants grow!
If you liked these activity ideas check out the full article for more ideas just like these! As always leave us some comments and click share on the side of the blog to show your friends and family these fun ideas!