We hope everybody is having a great holiday season and winter break! Even after all of the family, fun, and gifts, kids still suffer often times suffer from “Winter Break Boredom.” Thankfully, there are plenty of this to do this week to help keep the kids entertained and your sanity intact. Below is a list of some events in South Jersey as well as a link to Jersey Family Fun where they always have a large, comprehensive year-round list of events in the area!
- Tropicana’s Free Holiday Music Light Show at Tropicana Casino – Runs until Sunday January 3, 2017 – Tropicana’s Free Holiday Musical Light Show feature’s stunning holiday décor, and music, with the marvelous 35-foot tree in the center of it all. This not-to-be-missed experience combines interactive lights with an inspiring array of beloved holiday musical selections from jazz to rock to international favorites. Adding to the festive décor is Tropicana’s famed 25-foot tree Poinsettia Tree located in Palm Walk. For more information: https://tropicana.net/holiday/
- Snowflake Station at the Egg Harbor Township Library – December 27, All Day – Open to all. Celebrate National Snowflake Day by creating a special snowflake to decorate the library branch.
- Story Time at the Linwood Library at the Linwood Public Library – December 27, 10:15am – 11:15am – All Children are welcome to attend story hour with Jacki Kellum. Children will particiapate in the reading of a book followed by a craft.
- Holiday Light Show in Historic Smithville at Historic Smithville – From dark to 8:30pm Thursday through Sunday – Over 120 Christmas Trees constructed from over 50,000 Christmas lights, magically float on Lake Meone in the center of Historic Smithville. The moment darkness falls, an orchestrated show of lights and music is played out across the lake. The lights seem to dance and chase each other to the music all the while reflecting off the water’s surface. This show can be seen from either side of the village as well as the bridge.
- Bird and Nature Walks at Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge – December 30, 9:00 am – 11:00 am – Free bird and nature walks at Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge EVERY Friday, 8am – 10am. Meet in front of the Visitor Information Center, Loaner binoculars are available.
- Chad Juros Family Fun Magic Show – Friday, December 30, 2016, 2:00pm – 2:50pm – REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Enjoy an afternoon of family fun & watch a unique blend of magic, juggling, and comedy along with lots of audience participation. Featuring internationally-recognized magician Chad Juros. Learn more and register here.
- First Day at the Beach at Music Pier Ocean City NJ – January 1, 2017, 2:00pm – At the Music Pier, Boardwalk & Moorlyn Terrace. Featuring Ocean City’s first dip in the ocean for the New Year. For more information call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
- Sea Isle City New Years Fireworks – December 31, 8:00pm – Join us for a fabulous fireworks display on the beach to ring in the new year!
Head over to Jersey Family Fun for a full list of events this week!
If you head over to any of these events, make sure to let us know how they were! We hope everybody has a great Winter Break and we look forward to seeing everybody back at school on January 3rd! Have a Happy New Year!