We are quickly coming up to Memorial Day weekend – the official start of Summer 2019! The forecast is calling for a nice weekend, which is perfect because there is no shortage of things to do with the kids this weekend. From parades to ceremonies, to kite festivals and boardwalk fun – you are sure to find something that will entertain everybody. Here are a few events that are happening in our area this weekend:
- Linwood Memorial Day Parade: Monday, May 27th, 10am. The Annual Memorial Day Parade begins at Poplar Avenue and travels down Shore Road to the All Wars Memorial Field for a Memorial Day Ceremony.
- Northfield’s Memorial Day Ceremony: Monday, May 27th, 9:30am. Veterans Park, 2913 Oak Avenue. Mayor Chau, City Council, and the community will honor our Veterans in their annual Memorial Day Ceremony. In the event of rain, the Ceremony will be held at the American Legion Post 295, 232 W. Mills Road.
- Kick off to Summer – Memorial Day Weekend at Resorts AC: Friday, 5pm. Resorts will hold their 6th Annual Beach Ball Drop, where more than 5,000 beach balls with fall over the boardwalk. Food, entertainment, contests, and games all weekend long!
- Longport Memorial Parade: Monday, May 27th, 11am. Starting at 33rd Avenue and traveling down Atlantic Avenue to 26th, where it will then turn towards the bay ending at the Gazebo area located on Oberon Avenue for a Memorial Day Celebration.
- Wildwoods International Kite Festival: May 24th-27th, 7am – 9pm, 4600 Ocean Avenue, Wildwood. All weekend you can watch hundreds of colorful kites fly across the sky during this beach party! The event begins at noon with the Unlocking of the Beach ceremony. This is followed by many more exciting events throughout the weekend, including kite demos, family games and more.
Do you have any other Memorial Day Events that you want to add to our list? Let us know in the comments below. We hope everybody has a fun, safe, happy Memorial Day Weekend as we welcome in the Summer of 2019!